Storage Access. COM
Get free storage access tools and advice
from leading Self Storage companies,
and Storage facilities in the USA . Learn about new self-storage services that can save you time and money on your next storage rental.
Easily accessible storage companies offer their services. Many storage units are climate controlled, have 24 hours security and pest control programs that are the best in the industry, all in an effort to provide secure safe storage
access for your belongings.
when do you need Storage ?
There can be many reasons why people need to store
items away to be used at a later time. Sometimes when moving your household goods may need to be stored temporarily. This may be due to timing and not having located a permanent home in your new city and you may need to store your belongings for a few weeks as you find a new home.
Mini Storage works best for items that you are
not likely to use everyday, but don't have available space at home. A mini-storage unit is convenient and accessible, and depending on the facility.
Self Storage Tips: How to Pack Your Belongings
Read 14 self storage tips on how to pack and then store personal or corporate belongings such as laundry, furniture and chinaware.
Here are 14 tips for packing your belongings before keeping them in storage:
1) Do not load too much weight into one box. If you feel it has become heavy, divide the contents into two boxes. Remember that though they might seem sturdy, the taping on a box cannot withstand a lot of weight.
2) On all sides of each storage item, write down what it contains and to what kind of room it belongs. Do not write just on one side. Sometimes, and to your bad luck, that side will be on top, and ,thus, if you wish to remove just one item, you will have a problem.
3) Books, magazines and other paper files can get very heavy. They are easy to pack, but do not overload them. It will be near to impossible to pick them up.
4) Wrap all paper objects such as books and magazines in plastic bags or plastic coverings before placing them in the box. This will prevent them either from accumulating moisture or from getting wet in case it rains.
4) Wrap each and every item with either paper, plastic foam or old cloth. This will keep them separate and easy to unwrap.
5) For delicate items, use extra paper. Wrap paper around each item several times. Note that this wrapping will ensure that your chinaware or crystal glasses remain intact.
6) Before placing any kind of wooden furniture into self storage, wax them well with wood varnish. This prevents moisture from affecting the wood. Likewise, if your furniture can be dismantled easily, do so. It will prolong the life of that piece. If you dismantle furniture, collect the nuts and bolts of each item into a plastic bag and tape it firmly to the dismantled set. In addition, place thick cloth such as old carpets between wooden pieces to prevent one scratching the other.
7) Wrap your mattresses in the special bags available at any hardware store. This will prevent them from absorbing moisture and from losing shape.
8) Take into consideration that the stuff you place in self storage might freeze. If you think this will cause some of your items to break, arrange for a air-conditioned storage where the temperature is controlled.
9) If you are storing food, place them in jars or other plastic containers. Do not keep them only in a plastic paper. Rodents will get to them.
10) Store all you electronic equipment in their original boxes. You can try and pass by electronic stores and look for similar size boxes if you do not have yours. Otherwise, wrap them as if you were wrapping glass or crystal.
11) Don't place compact discs in plastic wrap because if the storage facility heats up, these might destroy the disc.
12) Do you have any object made of metal or a similar alloy? Apply a thin coating of oil before you wrap them. You can use the cheapest oil available.
13) Place some moth balls inside the boxes where you store your clothes.
14) Cupboards are generally bulky and take up a lot of room. Organize it so that you can place linen and other clothes in them for storage.
One of the most important things to remember when planning to move your stuff into a self storage access facility, is to start in time. Try not to rush through your packing or your moving. Other than the mental discomfort, your goods might get damaged and spoil your self storage experience.
Self Storage Estimate